March 1, 2008

Walking wounded

Hello everyone.

We are still alive. It has been a very busy 2 months and I have not had any computer time!

First of all Dad has been madly on the computer doing work til 1am most nights over Christmas and January while Mom conks out on the bed to zZZZzzz. Then in February Mom and Dad went away AGAIN and we had to stay over at Auntie P's for a couple of weeks. They told me they had to leave for a VIP wedding in Singapore! It's not fair! They have been travelling so much lately!

I have been working hard on my diet so that next time Mom and Dad go away I can easily fit in to their luggage so they can take me with them! I heard Mom say she has to save hard because she might be going away again in October for another wedding!


Anyway both Casper and I have OUCH!

Compared to Casper my OUCH is not so bad. My left paw was feeling sore since last Tuesday so I started licking it. Mom noticed that I was paying special attention my paw so she has been keeping an eye on it for me. But yesterday I started limping and was constantly licking it so this morning she took me to Mr Vet. It looks like either some of my dermatitis has come back and I have licked it to the point where a lump has formed between my pads OR I have something buried deep inside. Either way Mr Vet hurt me again! I really really hate going to see Mr Vet. Mom literally has to drag me in to the room, cuz I plant my feet on the floor and I refuse to move. But DAMN YOU Mr. Vet, you just had to go and put smooth floors in your practice so I just slid right along. I must figure out some way to stop sliding on the floor. Mom always laughs at me and calls me a chicken pok pok in front of everyone at Mr Vet's! So now I have to wear that stupid bucket on my head so that I don't lick my paw and take some antibiotics to ease the swelling and pain. I think I have to go back to Mr Vet in 10 days time so they can see if my paw has improved. YUCK!

As for my brother Casper - check this out!



Casper has been hopping and limping alot lately so Mom took him to get an XRAY. If you look closely you will see that the ball in his left hip has not formed properly. So his body has tried to heal itself by forming tissue mass/bone around the ball. Mom told me that it is a growing pain and it is OUCH alright! Essentially Casper will need to have an operation to shave off the deformed ball which should ease the pain in the long term.

Aunty P suggested that while Mom was away she'd take Casper go to this doggie massage lady who massaged Casper til he screamed in to Pain! Mom thought that might help ease his problem. But now the XRAY has proved that Casper needs to have an operation ASAP. I think Mom is going to book Casper in for his operation soon. Poor Casper. What a big OUCH.

Whenever Mom sees us playing rough in the backyard she screams at us because she worries that Casper might hurt himself more because I am a fatty boom boom and I might squash his leg. But I tell her Casper's THE MAN YO! He's a tough one and he takes whatever I throw at him. I think Mom is subconsciously worried about the operation but I tell her we'll be alright. My brother is a tough little man - he has a heart murmur but that doesn't stop him bullying me, just like his leg pain doesn't stop him running as hard and as fast as me!

SO that's all for now peoples and I will let you know how everything goes.


Over and out!

No comments: