July 6, 2008

Casper's BIG DAY OUT

Hello everyone,

It's now really cold and wet on most days and I am having a hard time staying clean. I think Mom has sort of given up on bathing us because we get dirty almost immediately.

For those that want an update on Casper, this weekend was his first visit to the physio - yes even us doggies have doggie physios!

It's been a month since Casper had his operation and he seems to be able to use his leg but we cannot go for very longs walkies like we used to because Casper starts limping halfway - so walkie time is now very short - where we used to go for 45 mins now we only go for about 20 mins. And we have to walk V-E-R-Y-S-L-O-W-L-Y as Mr Vet said that we have to start getting Casper to use his sick leg!

Anyway I was left behind while Casper went to see the physio but Mom showed me the photos when they got back.
Here is his bird's eye view on the journey there:



When he arrived he told me he played around with the physio but she made him stand up on his hind legs constantly and then after a while he said that his leg started to hurt so he stopped...until she gave him some yummies! which made him stand up to reach the yummies again but this time he said he cheated! He stood up on his hind legs but put more weight on the good leg. See my brother is not so dumb! Afterward he said she massaged his leg until it got sore again, then he was put in a underwater treadmill so that he could do a S-L-O-W walk under water.
Casper in his underwater treadmill:



Let me out!!!



After about 2 x 5 mins session on the treadmill he got to go swimming!!
Checking out his life vest - I wonder if I'd look as good in yellow as he does. Mom says she will take me swimming next week. I hope I don't sink like a pebble to the bottom of the pool!




Dad telling Casper that everything will be ok and that he will be at the end to pull him out if he starts sinking!



Is that a drowned rat or is that my brother?



It's Casper looking like a drowned rat!

After he finished up he says he almost got blown away by a BIG hairdryer which was loud and noisy. GRRRrrr...I HATE loud and noisy things. If they try using that dryer on me I'm going to ATTACK and KILL it!
Well that was Casper's big day out and hopefully next week I will also get some swimming lessons and check out whether that yellow looks good on me.
Scooby
xoxxx
ps. I better go on a crash diet so that I don't sink to the bottom of the pool.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Scooby!

Glad to hear that Casper is doing better with his leg. Mommy took me to a place like that to go for a swim when it was really hot here. There were dozens of tennis balls in the pool but they were always just out of reach so...kerplunk!...in I went! They put an orange lifejacket on me and then it was much better and I didn't mind so much that I couldn't touch the bottom. And since Mommy says I'm made of synthetics (and it was hot outside) I didn't need to use the scary blowdryer.

See if you can go for a swim with Casper the next time!

Your pal,

Petey

DESERT PUPS said...

Woof, Scooby

You're a dog, you're supposed to be wet and dirty, at least that's what we tell our Mom. Hope Casper's doing o.k.
Desert pups here just saying woof and getting out the meet the neighborhood cause we're new in town.

Woof, Woof,
Scuba, Keiko, Norman and Toby from Life inside The Fence

Unknown said...

Hi there!

Just checking it to see how Casper's healing up? Hope all is well and he's back to his old self!

Your pal,

Petey